Mens Cosmetic Medicine
Non-surgical treatments to rejuvenate and beautify the face and body have come a long way in the last decade, making it possible for patients to achieve a more youthful and attractive appearance with simple walk in procedures and no downtime.
Stop the Ageing Process
Dr Mark Morunga is trained in the most advanced techniques you’ll find anywhere in the world. He will design a Treatment Plan that will help you be all you can be
Scientifically Proven Results
Only the safest, most advanced and scientifically proven products are used at Facedoctors. We choose the products that deliver the most natural look. Everyone will notice, no-one will know!
Results you will Love
We understand how important results are for you. Your satisfaction is our goal and our reputation. That’s why we only have highly qualified Doctors to administer these prescription medicines. We take it very seriously.
At Face Doctors Remuera patients are offered a personalized treatment plan that identifies the most effective treatments for you – according to your age, anatomy and individual needs; and will help you maintain your results over the long-term, maximizing the benefits of your investment in anti-aging.
The right combination of non surgical treatments such as dermal fillers, anti wrinkle injections and laser therapy for age spots, capillaries or hair removal – along with the daily use of medically proven skin care products – allows patients to truly age gracefully. It also often prevents, or delays by decades, the need for more invasive cosmetic surgery as we age.
Dysport® was approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in the spring of 2009 for treating forehead wrinkles and frown lines. It has been used to treat neurological disorders outside the United States for more than 15 years, and is approved as an anti-wrinkle treatment in 34 countries.
Botox ® (Botulinum Toxin Therapy).
Botox ® is a purified protein manufactured by leading Cosmetic Pharmaceutical company Allergan. We choose Botox® because it has been proven over the last 20 years in cosmetic medicine, has been used in more than 20 million patients and has an excellent safety profile.
HOW MUCH DOES BOTOX™ COST?
Botox® treatment costs vary according to individual needs. We charge $20.00 per unit (incl) and $8 per unit for Dysport™ which is similar to Botox™, but seems to act faster, give better results and last similarly – for these reasons, Dysport™ is our preferred botulinum – but we carry both.
Patients having Botox®/Dysport for the first time will undertake a Total Face Consultation with Dr Morunga who will prescribe the correct number of units according top your individual needs.
As we age, we start losing our youthful facial volume, which contributes to the formation of folds and wrinkles. More recently a new generation of cosmetic products called dermal fillers have come onto the market that are especially effective in restoring the volume of the face and have rendered many minor plastic surgery procedures unnecessary.
HELPING YOU LOOK YOUR BEST: As we grow older we gain more confidence but our looks can let us down. To improve our appearance more and more people are considering facial aesthetic treatments to;
- Freshen up your look for a holiday, wedding, birthday or reunion
- Look your best for that all important interview
- Or simply look less tired and more youthful
- Dermal Fillers offer affordable facial improvement without the need for surgery. The instant natural looking results can help boost your self-esteem and increase your confidence too. Dermal Fillers can revitalize your face by smoothing away lines and folds; restoring volume in the cheeks or chin and plumping and defining lips.
- Dermal fillers are most commonly used to plump and restore the volume of the the lips which lose their fullness with age (See Lip treatments below). They can also erase cheek folds (naso-labial folds) and around the so-called marionette lines, at the corner of the mouth, which can give the face a sad, tired appearance, can also be used to restore cheekbones, shape the brow, create a stronger jawline, create a more youthful appearance, fill scars, even treat the hands! Dr Mark Morunga uses the most advanced techniques found anywhere in the world and is regarded as an advanced injector of Dermal fillers
- Treatment involves a series of superficial injections into the area of concern. The procedure normally takes about 15 to 20 minutes and is relatively pain free as Dermal Fillers contains a local anasthetic. Patients should expect slight swelling and bruising following treatment but will usually be able to return to their normal activities immediately or within 24 hours.
In New Zealand Dermal Fillers are categorized as Medical Devices and have WAND Notification status.
Platelet Rich Plasma – PRP "The Vampire® Treatment"
Platelet Rich Plasma
Also known as “The Vampire® Treatment”, the use of Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is not new. It has long been recognized for its accelerated wound healing properties in such applications as surgery and sports injuries. This technology is now being used for cosmetic enhancement with outstanding results. PRP is a bioactive stimulator using cells derived from your own blood; these are then re-injected into the skin to stimulate collagen and new skin cells.
PRP Mechanism Action
A small collection of blood (20mls) is taken and processed to give us the PRP required for your treatment. Placing your blood in a centrifuge for 8 minutes separating the plasma and platelets from your red blood cells does this. The concentrated source of autologous platelets within the plasma contains numerous growth factors that stimulate tissue regeneration and remodeling. After application of a topical anaesthetic, the PRP is then injected into your skin, much like having other cosmetic injections. The entire process is performed at Face Doctors Remuera and takes about an hour. Results take around 2-3 weeks to see and a series of up to 3 treatments is recommended 4 weeks apart. Your skin should still improve with time following your treatment program.
Surgitron® Mole removal
Cosmetic Radiosurgery by ellman Surgitron® allows the removal of cosmetic lumps and bumps on the face and body with virtually no risk of scarring.
Previously, benign lesions removed for cosmetic reasons on the face were removed by surgical excision leaving a linear scar. With ellman Surgitron® only the lesion itself is removed after a small amount of anaesthetic administered by a very fine needle under the lesion.
Immediately after ellman Surgitron® excision, there is simply a raw non-bleeding surface no bigger than the original surface area of the lesion. This forms a scab and 7-10 days later there is a fresh healthy layer of new skin which over time blends in to the normal skin colour.
We have the latest equipment, maintain the highest standards, and make your comfort and privacy our highest priority. Our clients receive the best possible outcomes in the safest and most beautiful of environments.
TALK TO US (09) 524 5665
TALK TO US (09) 524 5665