It seems we have had an increase in the number of clients taking on ourBodySculpting courses lately and they always ask us about healthy Diet tips. Here’s a recipe we love for high protein healthy snacks (or serve with rice and steamed veges as a meal).
Spicy Chicken Balls
Note: – Easy and quick
- perfect healthy snack or appetizer high in protein
- Or serve with tomato sauce and rice as a balanced meal
- Instead of chicken breast /filet you can use chicken mince but this will be less healthy (more fat and …)
Ingredients (5 servings = 20 balls):
- 600 g chicken breast /filet
- 2 eggs
- 50 g fine oats (or blend normal oats)
- fresh black pepper, cayenne powder
- Cut the chicken breast /filet in (pieces)
- Blend the raw chicken breast /filet, eggs, fine oats and spices, until completely combined (in a food processor or blender)
- Roll 20 balls (about the size of a golf ball)
- Heat up a non-stick frying pan (low heat). Spray some non-stick baking spray and fry the chicken balls for about 12 minutes.
- Or put the mix in a muffin tin in a pre-heated oven (180°C) for about 20 minutes.
Nutritional facts (1 serving = 4 balls):
Energy: 184 cal
Protein: 31.2 g
Carbohydrates: 6.2 g (sugar 0.5 g)
Fat: 3.8 g (saturated 0.8 g)
Fibre: 1 g
Peter is a beauty and health writer living between UK and Australia. Beside writing he worked as a beauty consultant for many fashion events around UK & Australia too.